HAP International is seeking to recruit a fulltime Intern for a 6 months Internship with the Development Services team in Geneva
HAP-International is a partnership of humanitarian agencies dedicated to building a system of self-regulation based upon quality management and accountability principles, with a specific commitment to making humanitarian action accountable to its intended beneficiaries. This is pursued through building capacity in member agencies, researching the cost effectiveness of quality management of humanitarian action, and establishing a system of quality management certification.
Proposed Project This internship provides the right candidate with the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of the accountability mechanisms that humanitarian agencies put into practice around the globe. The successful candidate will study how agencies are working to achieve a higher level of quality and accountability to those they serve in their work through the use of HAP's organizational development services. It is expected that the successful candidate will, at the end of the internship, be able to identify key areas of good practice across the HAP member agencies.
The Organizational Development Intern will provide support to the Programmes team, including the Roving team, developing a results-based analysis paper on the impact of HAP engagement on organizational change amongst HAP member agencies, assist with the development of case studies and tools, and in organizing and maintaining the relevant information and contacts on the HAP database. The intern will engage with head office staff of various organizations This internship will provide a student with meaningful responsibilities and assist them in further developing skills for the future.
Tasks involved 1) prepare a results-based research paper into the organizational impact of HAP baselines and other processes on agencies 2) assist with the preparation for the HAP baseline analyses processes when or if needed 3) assist with administration of up-coming baseline analyses 4) assist the Roving Team organize and plan for the next deployment 5) assist with the development of case studies and tools from agencies 6) conduct a short survey with humanitarian agencies on the impact of standards 7) Update the HAP website and database on items related to HAP Programmes
Required Skills and Qualifications for both internships:
- Master's Degree, or significant progress towards the attainment of a Master's degree in a relevant course of study
- Written and oral fluency in English. French and knowledge of other languages highly desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with a diverse range of people and organisations.
- Experience working in third-party quality assurance schemes an asset
- Demonstrated high level of research and analytical skills.
- Ability to organise and manage workshops
- Ability to work full time and with minimal supervision, take initiative, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Office experience and previous work experience with non-government organisations and/or academic institutions.
- Swiss or EU nationality (or holder of a permanent resident permit for Geneva- please enclose a copy of the permit)
Please note that this an unpaid internship, and that HAP will not pay/ make arrangements for travel to Geneva nor for accommodation.
How to apply: Please send your CV together with the completed application form to: email@example.com Deadline for applications is 22 July 2011